Choosing a doctor is easy:
The doctors in Physicians Medical Group of San Jose (PMGSJ) believe in the philosophy of preventative medicine. Their goal is to keep you and your family healthy and living active and productive lives. To assist their patients, our physicians accept most insurance plans including HMOs, PPOs, Medi-Cal, Medicare Advantage and Covered California.
If you belong to an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization), your health plan will request that you select a Medical Group and a Primary Care Physician (PCP). You may select a PCP who specializes in General Practice, Family Practice, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics. Your PCP will see you for routine well-care and when you are sick. If you require any special services, your PCP will coordinate this care for you.
Become a member of our Physician Group in three simple steps:
1. Choose your benefits and health plan
2. Choose Physicians Medical Group of San Jose as your medical group
3. Choose your Physicians Medical Group doctor
What should I consider when choosing a Primary Care Physicians (PCP)?
Selecting a doctor for you and your family is an important aspect of keeping healthy. Regardless of the type of insurance that you have, you may want to consider the following when choosing a physician:
1) Choose a physician who is interested in knowing not only about your current medical needs, but also your health history and the medical history of your family.
2) Your physician will need complete and honest information from you in order to help you. Choose a doctor that you are comfortable with and that you have confidence in.
3) Look for a doctor who is willing to take the time to explain tests, procedures, treatments and implications of your illness to you.
4) Choose a doctor who will answer your questions in a language you can understand.
5) You may want to consider the doctor’s medical training including subspecialties, special training, or areas of interest.
To view the names of PMGSJ doctors in your area:
Provider Directory Note: Make sure the selected PCP does not show ‘Note: CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS ‘
If you would like further assistance in choosing a physician, you may call our Member Services Department at (408) 937-3642.
Additional Information for HMO members:
Changing Your Doctor
If you would like to change your doctor, you must call your Health Plan Member Services Department for assistance. This phone number is typically located on the back of your insurance membership card.
Note: Each member of your family can select a different PCP. For example, you may choose a Pediatrician for your child as his or her PCP, and an adult may choose his or her PCP with Family Practice or Internal Medicine Specialty.